Pages

Thursday 30 May 2013

Nuno Felt Cushion Turns into Bag!








I recently made a cushion which I wasn't very happy with!








































So decided to try to turn it into a bag.
































I cut along the top and down the sides. I wanted to use one side to fold over to act as a flap and the other side I was going to fold inside the bag and use it to make two pockets.

So first I added a magnetic clasp to the side I was going to fold inside the bag. Unfortunately I put it on the wrong way round - still works though! I then folded this side inside the bag and sewed it down. The photo below shows the bag inside out.





































I then cut two slits to create pockets and edged with blanket stitch.                                                        



 I trimmed the flap and made a crochet strap.












































































Prefer it as a bag - not quite the right dimensions but it fits my stuff in and will be good for dog walks -  Pippin agrees!



























Not sure what she thought about the little monster - think she was worried he'd pinched her favourite spot!


No comments:

Post a Comment