Pages

Sunday 10 July 2016

Chelsea 2016 and Woolfest 2016

It's the first time I've been to Chelsea - virtually all the gardens were fantastic but this one struck a chord :







It's the AkzoNobel Honeysuckle Blue (s) Garden by Claudy Jongstra in collaboration with Stefan Jaspers. How great to grow beautiful plants that you can also use for dyeing! Must get some of these  for my garden - as well as all the nettles I have!

Woolfest this year was a great show - as it always is!



 I had some lovely neighbours!


 And I think these are just the cutest sheep ever ( Herdwicks).



I've been trying Herwick out for needle felting and like the effect it gives but just have to add a bit of colour as well!






Would a seal wear a jumper? Perhaps not!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely photos! How did you find Chelsea? I went a few years ago but found the crowds too much to bear, never again! Very cute needle felting too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We went on the Saturday and it was busy but not too bad - I really enjoyed it! Going to the RHS show at Tatton next week which is usually very good, a bit quieter and you can buy plants!

      Delete