Pages

Friday 12 June 2015

Felting with Sari Silks and Robbin Firth Workshop

This is a great way to test pieces of sari silks.





Covered with two thinnish layers of merino.



  These I did in the washing machine - to be made into bunting and flower brooches.















































Lastly had a great workshop experience with Robbin Firth who developed the palm wash board. I've had one for a while but haven't used it much - I'll be using it all the time now though! We made a hat  and cowl in a one day workshop! Robbin shared lots of great tips and techniques. I think most of her workshops are now full but there may be a few spaces left - if not I'd highly recommend the palm washboard which you can purchase through Adelaide Walker



We used fibres to embellish at the workshop but I was eager to try the techniques learnt with sari silk and made a small cowl.








Made in half the time I usually take - the edges are not quite so neat but I was going for speed!

No comments:

Post a Comment